A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Friday, August 19, 2011

Dear man in the moon


Dear Man in the moon,
I saw you last night. Did you see me? I was driving that I am not really a waitress red convertible mustang; the one with the top down and the huge stuffed monkey sitting by me. I waved to you. I think you winked back. I tried to take a picture of you several months back but you were too far away. I wish you would move closer, but probably would not be a good idea. It would probably wreak havoc with Mr. Tide.
It’s been a while. How are things going? Is that cow still jumping over the moon? You would think her knees would have gone bad by now. How is the cheese business going? That string cheese was genius!
Did you hear the good news? Gary asked Luna to marry him and she agreed. Many people do not agree with mixed marriages. After all Gary is a lion and Luna is an Asian Bank. I think they might just make it after all. Gary likes to lay his head on top of Luna’s head. I included a picture. My only concern is if Gary gets hungry…….
Let’s see what else is new… hmmmm. Nothing really. Same ole Same ole. Oh don’t get me wrong. That is a good thing. Who needs the drama right? Not I.
Speaking of drama I wish you and the sun would get along better. I know the Sun has a big ego and gets all the glory. You are just as important. Ask Mr. Tide. If it wasn’t for you Mr. Tide would always be cranky and out of whack. So let the sun have all its glory and remember too much sun is a bad thing. Can anybody say that about the moon? Don’t think so!
I think I might be going to Memphis soon. I will send you a post card. I know I promise no sun rises. I learned my lesson the hard way.
Yours Truly
The girl on Roberts St. 


No comments:

Post a Comment