A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 11 of 30 days of getting my art on

All of the United States is remembering 10 years ago the tragic event what took place in New York.  A lady by the name of  Jennifer told me that a play flew into one of the twin towers.  I had no idea the magnitude of the whole thing.  I was thinking of a small plane and King Kong swatting it.  Its weird how our minds work.

People were glued to the television and we asked ourselves how could this happen?  Who could be so cruel?

I spent my day with my sister and and her kids and Jason at the park.  The flags at the park memorial were at half mast.

I did not create art to remember.  I am not ready for it yet.  I wasnt sure what I was going to do.  Then it hit me in the bath tub make an atc.  I made several.  What started out as a quick project ended up taking me way into midnight.  They are whimsical odd cards.

Here they are.


at first I thought this one was done. zentangle in silver, but maybe I will make it into a background


this one is not complete.  I had to let it dry and I have to find the shoe polish


this one was suppose to be a halloween card of a creepy baby but I scratched to much of the picture off and I made balloon heads.  It came me an idea for another card in the future. 


this one was not an atc. I have no idea what this was really about...   I just wanted to use the crown and I wanted to use the large google eyes so I thought I would put it on body with no head.  I found this dress form.  It was perfect.   While I was looking for the body I found a perfect Elvis picture I will be using tomorrow for my 30 days of getting my art on. 


this background was suppose to be for the haunted house by acrylic paint drys way to fast and would not wipe off LOL.  So I used a paint pen made a web.  Punched out a spider.  I was going to leave it at thought and then for a lark i put google eyes down and liked them so they were glued into place. 

30 Days of Get Your Art On

No comments:

Post a Comment