A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Wednesday, September 14, 2011

day 14 of 30 days of getting your art on

I done two days work in one day.  Which means I did two things.  First is this post card.  It sort of cracks me up.

Its pretty darn whimsical in my opinion.



Here is the completed tea cup swap project.




I used modeling paste on a piece of board.  I wish I remembered where I got this board from.  It is black back and front.  I got quite a bit of it and I have used it a lot.  Maybe my Mom brought it home from work for me.  If so I will have to see if I can get some more.    Anyway who I bought the modeling paste for some project I saw on youtube and totally forgot what that project was so it sat unopened and unused.  I cracked that baby open and slathered it on the board.  I used the back of a paint brush and drew some blocks for walls.  Probably didnt have to since the scene took place in a cave but oh well It is my creative license isnt it LOL.
Then I printed my witches and colored them with prisma markers.  Another item I never used.  I actually had some that were 20 years old and still worked pretty well.  I had some newer ones that didnt work.  Whats up with that?  The only part that isnt prisma markers is the witches hair (bic Markers, didnt have grey) and the silver writing.
Then I fussy cut it out
Then I printed the tea cup and colored it and wrote the quote from MacBeth.  Notice I changed the cauldron to tea cup LOL
Then I used foam tape and taped the witches down to the board
Then I put some foam tape on the tea cup.  Glued some dollar store finds behind the top of the tea cup.  taped that down.  
I glued a little extra dollar store finds at the corner

There you got it.  My tea cup swap.  

Not really gruesome but I like it!

30 Days of Get Your Art On

1 comment:

  1. love your postcard!! and your tea bag swap. I've been mostly cowering lately, but maybe tomorrow won't be so bad. Long story.
    anyway I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete