A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Todays art

I didnt finish the challenge.  I was planning on fudging it but got so far behind that I am not going even bother.  Instead I will just post the items I did make.
I just finished this post card.  I am really enjoying making the post cards.  I find ATC to small but the post cards are just perfect.
I also challenge myself using the items I carry with me and items where I am.
This particular post card was made out of wrappers of furniture reese cups.  Oh the sacrifice I had to do to eat those reeses LOL.  I used some chip board as the background.  I glued the reeses foil upside down.  I used adironac Tim Holtz alcohol ink.  Slate and sunshine orange and blended it on the silver foil.  I then cut out a circle using a cup as a pattern and I glued the wrappers right side up.  I tested the slate ink but it only rubbed the gold off so I did not use it.
I had an old set of stencils I found either at michaels or the dollar store of a cat.  I colored him black and cut him out and added him to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment