A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello Kitty pendant and card for Marlo

I made this pendant for Marlo because she was in camp while her sister was having fun at the picnic with me.

I found this place mat at the dollar tree many years ago and took it apart.  I had not done anything with the parts until today.  I sure wish I bought more then one and been keeping my eyes out for another one but havent found them as of yet.

These are the "beads" I took off of them.  With the holes pre drilled how cool is that?


The white ones have already been gessoed.  I used a tooth pick and stuck it on a piece of recycleed Styrofoam to dry.

I then painted it pink and used the stazon ink and a dollar letter set I got from Michaels or AC Moore to write out Marlos name on the back

I found a hello kitty color picture and I colored it with bic markers... the permanent alcohol ones and cut it out.

I used mod podge and glued it down to the bead.


I added a bling to the hair bow. I used glossy accent to covered the whole bead.  I once again used the tooth pick and styrofoam drying method but this time I did not put it up and down or it would have dripped.  I put it on the side of the styrofoam.  I thread ribbon thru it.  I used a beading needle and it made the job sure simple to do.

I made a matching card from a color page too go with it.  I found an art set from target and included that.  I found a hello kitty tin box to put it in.  I thought that was super cool.

Their family had gone to Boston and brought me back these souvenirs for me.  Well the mailed the post card.

They have a tuxedo cat that is a girl named cupcake.  I always tell cupcake boy I got a boyfriend at home for her.  Hee hee.
My Singapore tuxedo kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment