A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Coffin Decor

Morbid Title right?  But a fun project for the art for the creative mind group over there on yahoo.  If you need a link there is one to the right some where.

Here is a coffin I made up for a partner that I have yet to receive.  Very rarely do I have my swap done before the partners are sent out.

I am uploading a lot of pictures cause thats how I swing.  I also tucked in a TP mini album for the new owner to decorate as he or she pleases.

I learned how to do those neat pleated flowers on you tube and if I can find the link quick enough I will post that now or do it tomorrow.

The nifty tags came from some of the papers... I did not use all Halloween papers how clever am I?  Okies not all the clever  but its nice to pretend.  They also came from the packaging from the skeleton garland that was at the dollar store.  I also used the skeleton garland string for trim and to create a closing for the tp book.






The bottom of the coffin and the brownish pleated
flowers are not halloween papers. 

close up of the pleated flower






the button is the closer, the string wraps around it

grey tag is from the packaging of the skeleton garland
and the tutorial

4 comments:

  1. Love your coffin boxes. The purple is just great with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful - spooky, yet still fun. And I LOVE the coffin embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks TG... oddly enough Purple has never been a favorite color of mine. Which kind of makes you question why I am painting the bathroom purple LOL. Its a pastel purple and I decided the whole house should not be all blue!
    I was delighted that the flowers which I had on hand matched the purple paper which I had on hand pretty well. I wish I had ribbon that matched a little better but then it may have been to matchy matchy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tristan. Your comments mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete