A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I received a Halloween ATC and the gift for the mystery word, plus some art

I received this ATC via a private swap from Margie...




plus these bags

Isnt it delightful.  I love it.  I am working on mine to give her now but I have no sink and all the stuff in the kitchen found its way back into the artsy fartsy room even after I cleared it out.  I had to find a path for them to carry the fridge in.

I guessed a mystery word on the yahoo mixed media group I belong too.  Now folks if your interested in a small group to chat with, learn from, be inspired by and a must swap with.  You must sign up for artforthecreativeminds.  Tell TG that Karen H. sent you.  

Well the mystery word or phrase was alcohol inks.  They are always art related and I got these wonderful washi tapes.  I been wanting some but couldnt justify buying them.  

how luck am I?


two pieces I would like to share... 

First I was practicing gel medium transfer on a 8x10 canvas.  I found this picture on facebook and it appealed to me so I printed it on my laser printer then I brushed gel medium on the front of the picture. I "glued" it down to the canvas. I allowed it to completely dry and then I went the paper and rubbed the backing of it on.
The next think I want to share is my latest completed art journal page.  I couldnt sleep the other night so I finished it up and here is how it turned out.

Oh its called upside downville because I accidently had the book turned upside down LOL. Its the second time I have done this... well ooops.

a quick over view of what I did.  I used mod podge and glued down some pattern tissue paper.  I painted over it pink but it was too much so I gessoed over it.

I drew the tree and I cut out squares for the buildings and I doodled on them.  I used sequin waste and stamps on the back ground.

I stamped the face on yellow card stock and I hand cut out all the rays on red orange yellow pink and slightly purple paper.
I doodled on them.

I brushed more gesso on it and then when back and wrote the words.

If your looking thru the book like you should, when you turn the page it will look like this....



Which it should have looked like this if I had the book turned around correctly...










No comments:

Post a Comment