A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Saturday, September 8, 2012


I was inspired by two things for this art journal page.  The first was the tutorial which I posted on my blog … see link below.
http://zannido.blogspot.com/2012/07/more-ways-to-use-gellatos.html
The other is a doodle I did a while ago.  I wrote the lyrics to Elton John’s Skyline Pigeon in the original doodle.



I left the lyrics out of the journal page.    I only had art to say not words.

If you are wondering about the song Skyline Pigeon … you pretty much have to be a die hard Elton John fan.  It is his very first almost hit with Bernie Taupin.  It’s the first song that got the buzz going across the pond.
If your at all interest in the song you can listen it to it here...





I have yet to figure out how I would video my journal distractions as I am in the process of doing them so I will write down what I did and hope it makes some sense.

I first drew in the flowers.  I grabbed all cups and bowls and traced the circles.

I  made up some green and blue water color spays.  I really need to make more of these in different colors and spritzed the page. I let that dry.

I cracked out my water color crayons.  Not the expensive kind that are raved about on youtube.  A basic set found at Hobby Lobby and I used a coupon.  It works just as well for me.

 I scribbled the oranges and reds and yellows on the book I bought from Amazon.com.  Oh they saw sucker printed on my forehead when I stumbled across this book.  It said it was world renowned dog training book.  Best book ever written a must have.  It really said all that.  What I did not see was the book was written in the 60’s.  There are something’s you do not do to a dog that was in that book.  So it has been my resource for material for my book.

I got my paint brush and water out and painted over the scribbles.  I let it dry. Then I stamped images with stazon onto the papers.

Then I took the bowls and cups and drew my circles and cut them out.
I glued the circles onto the page.
I filled did the details around the circles first with the black ink ball pen.  Then I drew in the grass.




All done.  I declare it my second favorite page in the book!



No comments:

Post a Comment