A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, September 9, 2012

Todays photo... I was on a mission

This actually happened Saturday aka yesterday but I am posting it on Sunday because I already had bunches of todays photos.

So I was sitting at my lap top, it was raining.  I just posted the Halloween skull note book about a two post down.  When I looked out the window and saw this.  




Dont know if you can tell but there is steam rising from the streets.  So I thought of the RIVER.  Every morning I drive to work and cross over the Saluda River on I-20 and the River is always all misty.  Oh the desire to stop and take ton of pictures is huge but the the express is busy and I usually just have enough time to go to work.  Yadda Yadda Yadda.
When I worked at Hampton Automotive, the drive home had the same misty river!
I did try to take a picture of that once.  I use in the mustang with the top down and pulled over and popped up and took the photo.  I did not have the DSLR camera but the one I did had did a pretty good job.

So I grabbed my keys and my cell and of course my DSLR.  I made sure the SD card was in!

Oh I have been known to leave home with out it.

The plan was to drive to bush river road and check to see if the river was all misty.  If it was I was going to Candy Cane lane and take some pictures.  That is the other side of the road that the zoo is on.  I think the zoo is on wild life parkway.

Then I thought to myself... Self GO TO THE ZOO they have a bridge that crosses the river.  So I agreed with self and did just that... if the River was all misty.

I started out on my journey and met up with the rain.  You see in SC its what you called scattered showers and they scattered down the express way.

I was a bit worried but I came to the river and it was all Glorified with Mist.

Still raining though.. so I went thru a drive thru which will remain nameless I got a quick snack and Unsweet tea... cant take the Yankee out of this girl.

The rain stopped and I popped on into the zoo.

I took lots of photos on my way to the river... and this is what I saw...



Yep not a lick of mist anywhere... but I did take some awesome photos!

I just love too toot my own horn LOL

First I want to share this photo with a video and two more photos... then I will just dump all the others in.

The reason why I am sharing this bug with you is because it just fascinated the people at the zoo.

You know that pepsi next commercial where the baby is doing all those tricks and the parents are zoned in on pepsi..


Yeah this one!

Look what was behind them...



I know... Tsk tsk tsk.

Here are the rest.  I did not go thru the whole zoo and I took more flowers then of anything else
This is a repeat photo of an earlier post.  I posted that for the
yahoo group so they can get a good luck of this awesome
artwork that was at the zoo. 






Yeah this kola is usually  napping











So on my way home via I-20 I went back over the bridge.... the River was still misty.  Yes I know.  So I figured maybe the river at River banks is not Saluda or the tiny rapids made the mist dissipate 

Anyway I was bad and I stopped on the express way and put my hazard blinkers on. I did not get out of my car.  I popped over to the passenger side and took these
This is the original... below is the auto touch up... which one
do you prefer


This is the original... below is the auto touch up... which one
do you prefer














No comments:

Post a Comment