I started out with the background. Black card board and then black card stock. I made the gears out of the cuttle bug folder and aluminum foil which can be seen on this tutorial from stamp tv.
I had some metallic paste bought because of this tutorial. Gina K site was out when I purchased it so i got it from the ritz camera sight.. yeah they have a scrap book section. Problem is none of them carry it any more.
I was told its now called gilded paste. I have not done any research on it.
I stumbled upon this etsy store while I was surfing and I was inspired.
I did not have 6.00 bucks nor the patients to wait for the file. I decided to make my own. first I wanted the dress.
Next I wanted the skeleton and I found this on the net
I of course got rid of the right stuff.
Next comes the digital magic. I opened the skeleton in paint shop pro and pasted the dress on top of it and lowered the opacity of the layer so I could see the skeleton. It was obvious the arms were not going to fit in the sleeves so I erased the arms and part of the shoulder blade
I went back to the original file and cut out the right arm.
I pasted it on to my skeleton and used the pick tool to manipulate it so its in the right spot.
Since we usually come with a pair of arms. I copied the arm and pasted it as another layer but this time behind the skeleton layer.
I realized that the skeleton will have to have a transparent back ground so I used the select tool and selected the white portion and deleted.
This allowed the arm to show up.
I once again used the pick took and adjusted to where I would like it.
I went back to the paper doll and cut out the hat, bow and the umbrella and pasted them as layers onto my working file. I lowered the opacity of these layers to match the dress layer.
I adjusted both with the pick tool.
I merged all the layers together and resized so it will fit the 4x4 card.
I am uploading the original size in case you want it :-)
I printed it on photo paper and fussy cut it out. I used buttons for the "wheels" and poked holes in the bottom and inserted the shanks. This gave the dress some dimension from the background. I used large glue dots.
I printed out a gold key. I resized it in paint shop so it will be small enough to fit her back.
Here is the original key
Here is the resized key to fit the lady and I mirrored it too
I used some wire.. not sure of the gauge and wrapped around a pen to make it coil. I had 4 foam bat stickers. I sandwiched the end of the wire between two of the stickers. I tucked the other end of the wire into the glue dot.
And that is how she came together.