A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, November 18, 2012

I was wrong

I thought it made it easier.. you know when you find out somebody is sick or in my case some dog.  You have time to prepare right, get ready for the time you loose him. Its easier for you right?

Well I was wrong.

My lex lays his head on my lap and looks at me as if telling me its going to be ok.

Its not OK when in a few months he is going to be gone.

Just like DeSoto.  Its too soon.

So every time I look at him I know Im going to loose him.

It hurts it really really hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, no amount of preparation will make losing a pet any easier and people tell me "time will heal the wounds"... well, I don't know about that.

    We lost Harley back in March to Cushings Disease and we knew for months. Last weekend, I was re-framing a graphite portrait I did of him and the tears came. I think when we have pet that is so much a part of our lives, that when they are gone, you have such an empty spot in your heart. For myself, I no longer had anyone to take care of. In the last few months of Harley's life, he became so dependent on me and what he didn't realize... I was so dependent on him.

    Dogs can sense when things aren't right, so make the time he has left as much fun as he can possibly handle.

    If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

    Gisele

    ReplyDelete