A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lunch buddy Christmas party day


Today was the lunch buddy Christmas party.  I thought I was going to miss it but a certain person requested I not go to class so I did not.  That’s a different story though.  I hexed him and I should not have.  Another story.  They came in at 11:30.  Should have been 12:00.  So nothing was set up.  They all swarmed around me and gave me a big hug.  WOW.   
The one in charge brought the food in.  They had chicken tenders, Tuna fish, chips, drinks, cookies and my famous Walmart cupcakes LOL.  
I had torn some pages off the easel pads and we made cootie catchers… which they informed me I was out of touch.  They are now called fortune tellers.   
Gifts were passed out.  A bag full of school supplies for all the boys and girls.  I don’t understand why she did not have any plans, any games, any music or crafts to entertain the kids.  I even dropped off 11 wood frames from Michaels a few weeks ago.  I brought my stickers and markers.  They could decorate the frame and give it as a gift to somebody special.  But she did not bring them.  HUH?  I even made a special trip to get 3 that I was short. 
One girl asked for a piece of paper, next thing I know all the kids wanted a page of the easel pad.  We ended making a Christmas drawing.   My lunch buddy was out sick so this little girl whose lunch buddy is hardly ever there told me we could be lunch buddies today.  She told me before she wished I was her lunch buddy.  
She wanted to have a contest of all our pictures.  The lady in charge decided we should have a parade and show off our pictures.  
The kids had fun and they did not realize how fly by the seat of the pants it was, but that is all that matters.  
I wish I could take pictures but it was probably better not too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment