A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Wednesday, December 19, 2012

sewing kits in mason jars

I made these for mom for work.  I think each one was less then 5.00 

Jars .90 (they were on sale Hobby Lobby)
Scissors .50 (came in a two pack from the dollar tree)
Thread 1.49 with needles and a needle threader (walmart)
I had the following items
Thimbles, Seem ripper, buttons, straight pins and safety pins.  
I have seen kits at the dollar store that has all these but when its this time of the year its near impossible to find!
So its about a 4.00 gift.  
You will also need scrap foam board, scap fabric and I used E6000 glue.  If your an artist or crafter these are things you defiantly will have in your stash. 
I took step by step photos on how I made the pin cushion and will share them soon.  Its 11 now and I need to go to bed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment