A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Saturday, January 12, 2013

15 min journal page

This is all about experimenting... I sure hope it sticks!

I made some brown and red paper pulp and put some glue down on the crayon background in the shape of trees.

I put the brown down for the trunk and branch then filled it in with red.

I cut out a bird out of a book and home made pod podged that down and added some of the red over the breast to make it a Robin

Before I continued I took pictures because I wanted to show my progress and the next part would have made it look a bit yucky though it dries clear.

I took the home made mod podge and painted over the entire portion that has the paper pulp.  After the pictures I will give you the 411 on how I made the pulp.

Next is to let it dry and hopefully my experiment will be a success if not.  Well BUMMER!

Then I will take the pit marker and outline some of the bird.  I will add a beak and feet to the bird and I will add a quote probably with a label maker about the Robin from the secret Garden.

Or maybe that nursery rhyme but if I remember correctly I dont think I like it cause the robin died.









To make the paper pulp I simply tore up some construction paper, use what you have but I wanted red and brown and I took advantage of the colors of the construction paper I had on hand.

I let the torn papers soak in a bit of water.

I ran it thru the blender (dedicated to paper making only)

I dumped in a strainer and squeezed all the excess water out and I had my paper pulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment