A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Tuesday, January 8, 2013

15 minute journal and other journal pages I am working on

I added some color to it!  Its almost done!





Here are some pages I am working ...





This page may look familiar.  Its inspired by the altered book swap we did over on art for the creative mind a while ago (link to the right) 

The persons book I did had a fairy tail theme so I did alice in wonderland and loved it so much i wanted a copy of it myself.  So I started work on it.  This is where I am now.  

Here is the original 


The string art was inspired by one of my favorite artist on Youtube Jennibellie... 

Ugh... I cant embed.  It reverts either to her latest video or to a video in her playlist.
So below is a link and it hopefully directs you to the right video
Below are random art journal pages.  Some are finished some are not.  I noted which is which

not finished





Finished


not finished

I think I will color in the sun and call it done

Yep I know I done this one before, its done

a Song from Cold play and this one is done

not done.. my poor journal is about to fall apart,
 im going to color in the petals

I had a hard time getting the below photos not to appear on top of the page.  After I published the post I realized why.  It was posting the below pictures in the above photos comment box 




Finally... Ok the reason I wanted to show this is because these two books started out identical.  YEP.  The one one the left is my first art journal after I painted all up and it expanded to 3 inches.  

The book store in the mall which is no longer there use to sell them buy two get one free.  Those are the only two I have left.  They are not really meant for art journaling but after I gesso and prep and glue etc etc etc they are working out just fine.  Unlike that sketch book which is meant for art. Its falling apart.  But then I drag it every where. 

One last thing, some dude (yes it was a dude... he wears funky ties too) made this for me for Halloween.  Its corny but I wanted to share it anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment