A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Thursday, January 3, 2013

15 minute Journal post

Should have entitled it BOY DID I MESS UP my 15 minute Journal LOL!

Oh before that if you could only listen to the sounds in the artsy fartsy room... you would be hearing the motor of my favorite Singapore Cat purring (heck we all know he is my favorite plain and simple.. yeah thats why he is allowed to sleep on the color printer and no other kitty)

Ok back to the mess up.

So I decided to ad some color to the back ground.  A nice yellow.  Eh didnt work out so well. The right side I liked the left bottom side DISASTER.  So I tried to put some blue water color over it to mute it.
DISASTER.  Then I tried to Gesso over it DISASTER.  Jeez that cat is really purring up a storm.

Ok ignore the bad videography.  I could not get the sound unless I stuck the recording spot right at him and that meant the lens was facing the paper towels.



There is my chunky puppy too... sleeping up a storm.

Well back to the 15 minute journal before I got off track.

White Gesso was a DISASTER.  So I decided to try some stenciling with black paint.  DISASTER.  Then I tried to glue some scraps and stamp on it with diamond pattern.  DISASTER.  I stopped messing with that part and let it dry and glued on the words that I had found earlier today.  While I was pulling them out of the envelope I got to looking at the inside of the envelope.  It was a pretty durn awesome pattern that might work for this journal.  So I glued that on and stamped again with the pattern.

The Silhouette portion will be filled in with words so I am not worried that I went over the lines at this time.

Then I tried to be all artsy fartsy and glue a tissue (used to remove ink to the back of the page)
DISASTER LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment