A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Birthday present switched to Christmas Present

Well many  months ago I bought this awesome Chess set from World Market.  I thought I would be clever and add extra things inside it.  The games folds open and when it is closed it holds the game pieces.

Well I mod podged scrap papers to the inside to make a backgammon game.  The mod podge did not adhere very well and the entire thing pulled up.  So I had no gift.  Thanks to super mom I got a bird feeder and the day was saved.
Here is the original post...
http://zannido.blogspot.com/2012/04/dennys-birthday.html
The plan was to fix it and make it for Christmas.
Problem was, the mod podge was not the only thing that would not stay stuck to it.  The pain scratched off.  Even after sealing it with varnish.  I tried contact paper ... bubble galore.
Finally I got the idea to cut black art paper.  Cut the triangles out of scrap book papers glue it to the art paper.  Put contact paper over and glue that down to the inside of the box.
It actually worked.
It probably did not need the glue but I used the tape runner to just hold it in place.

Here is the finished product... take two!


1 comment:

  1. That card game above it is awesome. Its calle Mille Bornes. Its a card racing game. I had to buy it on ebay. It use to be in the stores when I was younger. Very fun though!

    ReplyDelete