So really it did not start out with a skeleton theme. I think the closure is what steered it in that direction. Then I found some cool items in my halloween box. The Skeleton. The skull and cross bones coaster. In my notion box I found the cool black chain. I also took advantage of some safety pins.
Besides making some of the beads I used a lot of pony beads and buttons.
The Washi tape came for TG the Owner of Art for the Creative mind aka AFTCM which there is a link to the right. It is an awesome mixed media group. It has about 70 people but the group is extremely active and your not allowed to lurk. Who would want to anywho!
Like I said I had been working on this for months. First I painted the inside, put it away for a while. Then I papered the outside, put it away for a while. Made the beads. Put it away for a while. Made the cover. Put it away for a while. You get the idea. LOL
So the inside and the outside really do not seem to match but I am not really concerned about that because Most of the pages will be covered with 4x6 index cards of doodles anyway.
So with out further ado.. Here are the pictures
|The front cover.|
|The side with the ribbon fringe let loose|
|a closer look at the beading for the binding|
|inside... see a world of difference.|
The video is kind of lousy ... out of focus. I need to practice on that. But you see how it closes.
If your interested in her tutorial here is the first part.