A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Heart Embelishments

I posted this post a few days ago in regards to the valentines day cards I had made on Sunday. 
http://zannido.blogspot.com/2013/02/valentine-cards-i-made-yesterday.html

The Mermaid had 3 dimensional hearts for fish and Hello Kitty has 3 dimensional hearts for balloons.  Here is a quick tutorial on how I made it. 

I will be using the hearts I made for the Mermaid cards

First not really a step but I thought I would throw it in... I made my own black and red polka dot paper.



Then I took the medium punch or is it large.... cant remember from Hobby Lobby and punched out 5 hearts and folded them in half



 
 
Put glue on one half and press it to another folded heart
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
Glue all five hearts like that.  Dont glue the last two gether if its for a paper project and needs a flat surface to glue to your base.  If you are making something like an ornament then glue the two heart sides that were not glued to another heart shape together.
 
 
Fluff up when done... or flatten it to mail


No comments:

Post a Comment