A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, February 10, 2013

valentine day is THURSDAY

I have made 6 valentine cards and an activity book today.

I am only going to post the one I scanned today.  I will post the rest tomorrow.  Its past my bed time.

This is going to go to a brother of twins that I use to baby sit for.  He is 12 I think.  Its an odd Valentine for a 12 year old boy but he is really HUGE I mean SUPER HUGE into art.  Yeah for him.  Most things are two young for him for Valentines day so I wrote with a wax crayon that you get in the easter kits.  I buy the kits just for that crayon when they go on clearance after Easter!
The Valentine did not show up so I stamped it on red card stock and made a pendant of sorts. I also made swirls and such on it.

After I used the clear wax crayon I wet the paper and just splattered and splashed and dragged red pinks oranges and purples on the paper.  Then I took India ink and splatter ink and used a straw and spread it around.  I cut it into 4x6 pieces.

I matted it on black card stock then onto a purple card base.  Was purple the wrong color for a 12 year old boy?


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for Playing in our challenge this week.
    You are sure rocking the Valentines pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool artistic card, Thank you for Playing in Paradise with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the artsy background you have created for your card - the black looks striking against the softer blend of colours. Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise this week. Hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 12 & 14 year old boys love purple :) What a cool & funky background - perfect for an art lover! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Playing in Paradise!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a fabulous card for a 12 year old boy! This is very, very cool and I LOVE how you used the India Ink! I'm so glad you joined us at Playing in Paradise this week!

    ReplyDelete