A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, June 23, 2013

Paris Love Locks at lake Murrey

I went to search for the moon but I did not find it... instead I found this and it peaked my curiosity.  It also peeked a red headed strangers curiosity to and he asked me if I knew the story.

I wish I did but alas I did not.  He then asked some ladies walking in the opposite direction and they said it was something that was going on in Europe.

Some how this little tradition found its away across the Atlantic Ocean in a little town in SC. 

This is at Lake Murray, as you begin to cross the damn. 


While the pad locks are sparse the ones in Europe are filled.  Here is an article I found on the internet.

Paris Love Locks

I never did find the moon the clouds covered it.  What a shame too, it was suppose to be a super moon tonight and I did not get the chance to see it, let alone take pictures.


though I did manage to take quite a few pictures of the sun set, though that too was covered by clouds. 

It seems I was not the only one out there with camera in hand or tripod for that matter.  maybe they too were looking for the super moon.












Oddly enough, I spent the afternoon seeing the movie man of steel aka superman.    It was a tad over the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment