A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Tuesday, December 31, 2013

How I rang in the new year

I got so distracted 12 am came and went and I missed it!  But I finished this.  I thought Banner had ruined it.  He had slipped out of his E Collar and tore his back up again and well there was blood every where.

YUCK I know.

The original idea was all water color but since that cat ruined that idea I went with mixed media.  I even impressed myself a little.

The blue frame is painters tape which will be eventually removed.

 
 
 
The idea came from two different sources.  The peacock part was an advertisement from I believe Cloth Paper Scissors.  If not that magazine then it was Sommerset Studios.  It was for embroidery I think. 
 
The girl was from a painting I saw at the state fair.  She was odd colors though.  When I saw it I thought it would be awesome to combine the two.  I had sketched out the peacock in a previous project. 
 
I will add links in a bit.  I need to go set the table (sigh real life is so unromantic LOL)
 
 
Any who the materials I used was craft paint (hair black and tail feathers and head of peacock, and back ground)
Water color for the body and of peacock with the color wing (except for the black that's acrylic paint)
 
An old book page for the lady with distress ink.  Antique Photo I think.  A bit of black acrylic paint for detail.  Some metallic paste for pink cheeks.  Acrylic paint for the lips and eyes.
 
 
I tried to use a micron pen for the tree but it wasn't dark enough for my liking and since I was done I got at the felt tip pen and went over the doodles.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment