A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Doodler

Here are some completed doodle book drawings...

Inspirations are marked ;-)

The book came from a local thrift shop.  The title is The Fire by Katherine Neville.  The bird was already done on the inside but I traced it and added the quote.




 
 
I think the above and below came from a free tangled pattern.  I do not have the link.  



 
The dolphins and tulips were borrowed from colored pages.  I do not have the original color page link though. 


 
 

 
 
The below is using one of my favorite stamps.  Its from Inkadinkado.  I put the quote in from the nursery rhyme Mary Mary Quite contrary how does your garden grow?


 
Some gears I whipped up.  They are never technically drawn correct.  I take a circle of some kind and trace it and then add the teeth.  I added the words from that steam punk video if you put a gear on it, its steam punk... not sure if those are the exact words but the video is embedded below it...


 


The below has a video that I saw on Youtube but it has it shaded with water color.  The paper on the book will not be able to handle that wet medium.  I may use colored pencils in the future but for now it is complete.  The video is below the picture

 



 
 
I just love the snow man.  It was also a color page inspired doodle.  Color pages are awesome.  They are my favorite way to jump start a doodle. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment