A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Monday, February 17, 2014

My Crayola Bubble Busted


Today my Crayola Crayon bubble was busted.  Literally busted. 


As any story with me it’s a long one and it dates back several months ago when I had a box of 96 crayons and they fell over. 

I picked them up and there was a crayon missing.  I looked all over for that silly crayon never found it.  Like many of you out there in cyber land we all have our OCDs and one of mine is crayons.  A box missing a crayon is incomplete.  It’s a disaster.  It will not do at all.

So I saved and scraped and bought another box of 96 crayons.  I dumped the old box in my broken and homeless box and I was so happy I got a full box of 96 crayons.
 

Isn’t it perfect?
 


Did you see the imperfection?

 
 


I dropped the box yesterday, crayons went flying and I scrambled to pick them up.  I think I jinxed myself cause I kept saying I know there will be one missing I know there will be one missing.  Sure enough there is one missing.

I looked absolutely everywhere for this crayon.  Conner was being silly and texted me that he stole it and fed it to Butter cup (his dog).

I am secretly thinking Crayola did this to me on purpose.  Maybe there were only 95 crayons in the box.  I even went as far as to check out a new box at Wal-Mart.  Nope there were 96.

So I am thinking I probably have the missing color in my orphan box of crayons.  Why not look up the colors on the internet and figure out which one I am missing?

And here ladies and gentleman is where my Crayola Bubble burst.

Once person claimed Crayola does indeed only put 95 crayons in a box and one is a duplicate and they will put different wrappers on them with different names.  You never know which one is a duplicate.  It changes in each box.

I was cynical so I researched some more, where did I look?  Well I turned the box over and read the label. 
 


So I dug deep in my Crayola orphan box and pulled out a black crayon and plugged up the missing hole.  Two black crayons are better then one anyway right?    Maybe I will forget I lost a crayon.  Maybe I will eventually find the crayon and I will know that the black is the one I can replace it with.
Maybe
Maybe
Maybe
Maybe
Sigh my Crayola Crayon bubble is busted
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Karen, I love reading about all your creative mishaps. Sounds like something I would do. Have been knocking things over a lot lately and the missing item usually surfaces months later when I am looking for something else.
    Perhaps you should write to Crayola and tell them your story and confirm the number of crayons in the box.

    ReplyDelete