A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Monday, April 28, 2014

Art Journal pages, Swap

In March we had a swap for the Art for the Creative Mind group (link to the right) in which we swaped an art journal page. 

The them was you are beautiful.

I first made one for myself.  I used the song by Prince, the most beautiful girl.  I used Pink and yellow acrylic paint.  Colors I do not use very often.  Who am I kidding.  I never use those colors LOL.

My own version was12x12

I cut out a person from a magazine and traced her.  I doodled and I added the Prince song. 

I made her a lovely necklace with liquid pearls. 

Here is my personal page...



she kind of has  dome head LOL


The magazine cut out I used to trace

The photo above was to big for the swap size, so I found another picture and cut her out and used her as a pattern to trace.

I then had a change of heart.  The Lord Byron poem she walks in Beauty like the night showed up out of the blue.  Not sure if I saw it on the internet, in a book or on television but I thought I could use that poem... but noooo maybe I should stick with the Prince song... but I really want to use the Poem...
blah blah blah so the war went on...

to settle this war and to have peace in the brain I made two.

I did not outline the pattern like I did in the first one because it got in the way of the text.  I did not do the doodles come from the top.  I forgot the name of it... there is some techy artsy fartsy term that somebody put on it to sell books...

here is the swap version.  OH the size had to be 5.5x8.5

Lord Byron, She walks in Beauty

Prince the most beautiful girl

The magazine cut out I used to trace around
Here is the journal page I received back for this swap....

Its the wrong size but that makes no difference.  I love it...

 
 
This is by Ruth P.  I dont know if she has a blog... 

No comments:

Post a Comment