A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Friday, May 2, 2014

Tip I saw on Youtube

I wish I could give credit to where I saw this but I dont remember.  It was a guy artist used a refillable soap bottle to store Gesso in.  He squeazed the gesso right out of the bottle onto his art. 

I filled up all my soap containers.  I even bought a large one for the bathroom to fill up faster.  He he its a Christmas polar bear.  I think I will keep it... doesnt run out of soap as fast!

I washed the bottle in the dish washer.  Advice... dont do that.  It warps the bottle even on the top shelve. 

So I had to get another bottle and fill up all the soal containers again and again.

This time I just rinsed and rinsed and rinsed it out till it didnt bubble any more.

Some spilled on the table, some got on my clothes some got on the carpet a lot got on my hands.

Apparrently my gesso was very clumpy at the bottom so I had to role my sleeves up (I was wearing short sleeves) and scoop out the mess.

As you can see the soap bottle is much smaller then the gesso bottle.  I had used a great deal of it already.

The first thing I cleaned off was my hands.  I mean come on I couldnt clean anything else if my hands were covered in gesso right?

Then my shirt.

The dog licked the gesso off the carpet.  Is Gesso toxic?  Then I did scrub the gesso off the carpet too.

Then I wiped it off the table and the bottle.

Its easier to shake so maybe it will mix better.


No comments:

Post a Comment