A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wedding center pieces

I searched all over my town for glass pieces to make a center piece. 

I threw my hands up in defeat and decided on this... which is my sisters wedding colors anyway so it all worked out.




I wanted the guest to be able to write on the top plate and not glue it down.  Pinterest had some lovely ideas but after I did some research I am not sure if that is going to be the best idea

http://dsmartin.wordpress.com/2014/02/25/sharpies-on-ceramics-part-ii-good-news/


I would probably go with the oil sharpie but I would need 25 of them.  bah humbug...

The particulars...

all items found at the dollar tree

1 white plate (though they called it a bowl on the sticker) this was the square design
1 glass candle stick (we picked the one with the circle base)
1 black dinner plate

The plan is to fill it with bubbles or candies wrapped up or maybe mini bags of m&ms that are black and white..

No comments:

Post a Comment