A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, July 13, 2014

Wizard of Oz doodle

This is the first time using my large scanner.  The scanner bed with scan 11.69x17  sigh just
a smidgeon under the desired 12inchs one side but I guess I can work with it on the most part.

It will scan a lot of photos...

trouble is it will not scan such a large format from paint shop pro... blah

the first one is the first attempt the second one I was playing with the contrast.  Bumped it up a bit.

I have 12x12 water color paper that I sprayed some water color on. 

I made the water color sprays myself.  Squeezed some water color pain in a spray bottle and added water.

I sprayed a red fro the bottom and masked off the middle and sprayed with yellow water color for the yellow brick road.

Then I pained a bit of green and the blue for the sky.

I took an ultra thin sharpie marker and doodle the emerald city with the silliest looking version of red poppies LOL



 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your Wizard of Oz! Yes the contrast is better on the second one but the first one's good too.

    ReplyDelete