A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Friday, September 5, 2014

journal page complete

The phantom of the Opera literary character journal page is official done. 

I used the following as resources.

The first link is the main inspiration

inspiration #1 mask and rose

here is the second inspiration, mainly to help with the shading

inspiration #2

I wasn't to keen on the rose so I found this one I liked better

how to draw a rose bud

I got the lyrics from

lyrics to the phantom of opera

Materials I used

Water color paper 12x12 I dont remember the brand.  It got wet and I tossed the cover so I dont know the weight either.  I am thinking its probably strathmore 140 lb

Water colors I used my palette and tube water colors

I mainly used
Alizarin Crimson
Ultramarine Blue (on the rose for hi lites)
Ultramarine blue + Raw Umber for the grey  (i think that was the color combo
Ultramarine blue + Raw Sienna for the green

Sharpie marker
Jelly roll white pen 

I scanned it on my large HP format printer 1710





No comments:

Post a Comment