A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Saturday, September 27, 2014

Journal Page, Saphira from Eragon, Inheritance Series

I probably spelled 95% of the subject line words wrong LOL
 
I made two versions of the page.  One with out words and after I scanned the page I added a quote from the text.
 
 
Materials I used
 
Medium weight drawing paper
Pencil and eraser
Prismacolor pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
Paint brushes
Dip pen and ink black and an itty bitty bit of white
Computer with Paint Shop Pro
 
 
 
 
 
 
Resource materials
 
 
scroll down to fantasy drawing... that was where I got the landscape inspiration from
 
 
I drew method 3 of 4
a realistic dragon (fantasy)
 
I think if I drew the dragon from the last picture I would have been better off. 
 
Note I think I am falling in love with dip pens.  The ink does not clog like regular markers.  I found a new best friend! 
 
 
I searched for many ways to blend colored pencils.  I found this channel that I find very interesting on youtube.  She tells it like it is.  She has a series of videos that she critiques other artist works but does it in a good way.  She does not insult the pieces she gives constructive criticism.  She does speed up video paintings and tutorials and she has a personal vlog.  She is started a new series on Social Media in October. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment