A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Saturday, September 27, 2014

What is on your art table this weekend...

I didnt take a picture last week.  For shame on me.  Basically it was that note card box and the Saphira Journal page for Jennebellie' ning site. 
 
The journal page is done, it will be posted on my blog soon.  I got three pieces to post.  One of them is the canvas that is on my art table.
 
that note card box still on the desk LOL...I am going to get that sucker done this week.  I am tired of looking at it!  Its a lot of drying time and a lot of ooops.  I had a lots of ooops in the next project to but I got thru it. 
 
Ok the top is done and the only thing I have to do is line the inside with fabric I think.  I don't want to use paper because paper can be torn. 
 
Here is the cover, the flash makes it super shiny.  Note to one self don't use spray paint again LOL
 
I got that unique texture that I really wasn't going for but its there and its going to stay.
 
 
 
I was going for the distress look.  I printed a photo on plain white copy paper and used gel mat medium to do the transfer on duck canvas cloth.  Duck canvas cloth is the only thing I found that does not need a coat of gesso before you do the transfer.  It turned out pretty good. 
 
I used quilt batting though you cant tell in the picture.  Wouldn't you know I had a whole role of it for my sisters signature book and put it up so the cats couldn't do anything yucky to it.  Guess who cant remember where they put it?  That is right it is moi.    It is probably with Tim Holtz tissue tape I cannot find and the trash can I lost two years ago.  Yes I lost a trash can.  Go figure. 
 
Its a lousy paint shop pro editing.  You can obviously tell its been fudged.  The background is from Florida, Owen was at the zoo in this picture (in the back ground) and chance was at his birthday dinner. 
 
But I was printing it on a lasterjet black and white printer and I knew the transfer would not be the best but distressed so its all good. 
 
The next piece I am working on is something for my sisters Birthday.  It is a crayon melt canvas.  I will give all the details when it is finished. 
 
I saw the idea on Youtube.  I seen tons of these crayon melt tutorials and though I thought they were slightly amusing I never felt the need to do one.  Until I saw the youtube video. 
 
Here is the beginning canvas....
 
 
 
When I finish this I will be working on three birthday cards.  We are going to dinner tomorrow and I do not have time to make them tomorrow. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment