A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Friday, September 5, 2014

What is on your art table?

This is going to be an art journal page.  I removed some of the
indigo blue paint underneath the Phantoms mask already for
hi-lite
It is a monthly challenge on Jenniebellie  ning site.  There is
a link to the right The theme is favorite literary character.  I had to find a character
that was a fav.  I got loads of them  and draw one... and it not be a person LOL
I don't draw people too well


This is a sugar skull I am almost done.  Most of the items
came from the dollar tree.  I used a plastic skull, book pages
and red eyes.  While the book pages could technically come
from the dollar store they came from a thrift shop.  The red eyes
did, you will find them in the vases.  they are gems.  I snipped the
sharp point off.  The black sharpie could have come from the
dollar tree to.  I white washed with gesso (not a dollar tree item)
and I am going to use glossy mod podge (not from the dollar tree too)


jewelry box from good will.  I removed the hardware, sanded the finish off I glued doll heads
for feat.  This is the one I oooopsed and used oil primer on it and had
to resand that off.  I painted with latex primer
next I will use glossy black spray paint.  I will be using
some hard suface (balsa wood maybe) covering that with
a transfer on canvas.   I will be lining the box with fabric.  Most likely
a black and cream print of some sort to match the canvas.  I will be putting
note cards in it with a thank you stamp

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you embellish the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to put notecards in a refurbished thrift store box!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete