A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Thursday, October 9, 2014

Me made into a comic girl

Not really sure what Manga is but I that is what I first thought of when I was working on this journal page.
The theme was to either alter your own picture or that of your swap partner.  I choose me.
Here is the original picture.  I actually shared this before but I went in a totally different direction and I was using my prismacolored pencils which I am loving more and more and more!
I was either in kindergarten or first grade.  I am thinking first grade though. 
Today I wouldnt be caught dead in a sleeveless shirt LOL. 
Here is the color page I made



I will be honest I did not free hand drew it.  I took the above photo into paint shop pro, I made a new layer and used my bamboo tablet and drew an outline of myself.  I then deleted the bottom layer.


I decided to give me a new nose, remove my star, give me some animated eyes and lips.  I also changed my outfit.

I am not really sure why I went with rainbow brite.  This was before her time LOL and I was never a rainbow brite fan.

I guess it would have looked silly to stick he-man or liono on there and a little hard to color since they are much more detailed.

I probably should have gone with hello kitty on retrospect.  Though hello kitty was around, not quite as popular as they are today.  I wasn't really a big fan of them either LOL.



Oh yeah I added a moon too. 

I messed up on her pony tail on this one.   the one to the left was suppose to be back ground not hair. 


I needed to make two so the second one does not have the goof up...




1 comment: