A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, January 11, 2015

Lifebook 2015 Week 2

For the last two years I have heard people rave about life book but never joined.  This year it was a Christmas gift and I joined. 

I did not do week one yet.  I was working on my finnabair swap which I will be posting in a minute. 

Here it the tag I made .... I use the words Carry On cause that is some times the only thing that can be done...

 
 
The next is a jar that you put good things in.  I actually have been doing this for several years now but it put it in a regular mason jar.  Never dawned on me to jazz one up.
 
I do have a issue with the jar.. there were two good things that happened but they turned out not so good at the end.  Do I remove them?
 
Shrugs... anyway the jar is not complete.  I want to add a mini canvas hanging from a chain behind the charms that I already have on the jar.
 
I also want to know that is not the green I was going for.  I wanted a softer patina kind of like the statue of liberty kind of green. 
 
Ha ha Crayola should totally make a crayon the color of the statue of liberty and call it that!
 


 
I glued on decorative paper scraps, tissue paper, book pages, music pages, sewing pattern papers and washi tape.  I then varnished the jar.  I first tried alcohol inks on the lid but it still was too shiney so I found some patina inks.  Bonus they were 50 percent off at Hobby Lobby.  I used that.  I liked it better but still would have preferred a blue light green. 

 
 
Oh the wonderful charm came from a swapper from art of the creative minds maybe Barbara D.  I cant remember though. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment