So a while ago I made a 8.5 x 5.5 journal page to send out for a swap. I wish I had made another ask I was working on the first one. But I documented pretty closely what I did and managed to make a 12x12 size.
The earth gave me much more trouble this time because I made the mistake of dripping the ink right from the stopper on top of it instead of painting it on.
It made dark splatters.
It was WAY to much
I tried to rinse it out.
A hole started to form.
Still two dark and wet.
I should have waited till it dried to fix it but I was impatient and I couldn't sleep.
So I tried white ink.
I tried water color crayons
I tried water down gessoed and then spritzed it with more water. I think it helped. Helped make the hole bigger ha ha.
No it helped. I taped the back up and with all the wrinkles you cant see the tear unless I tell you where it is.
Its in the west coast of South America.
I mentioned in the original blog that I ironed it to remove flatten. I actually ironed it for another reason. To remove the extra crayon wax. It allowed me to use the white gel pen on top of it.
The link is below
The new journal page
The original page
The supplies I used for the 12x12 version ( I used everything except for the gesso and white ink on the second one and possible the water color crayons)
Supplies I used roughly
Strathmore 12x12 water color paper
Caran dache crayons in blues and greens (back ground)
Dylusions sprays in blue green and yellow (back ground)
Baby wipes (to push the color around)
Dollar tree stamp (stars)
Elmers paint marker
Script Stamp from Heros art
Felt tip black marker
Crayons (for earth)
Mr. Bombay india ink Black
Mr. Bombay india ink white
Water down Gesso
small spritzer bottle with water
Digital coloring page of a globe (for reference)
White Jelli role pen
Digi stamps (find at the link above)
HP 4500 envy printer to print digi stamps
kraft text card stock recollections I believe
white card stock (wings)
Gel medium (glue earth kitty and doggy down)
Elmers glue (glue down wings)
wing stamps from inkadinkadoo (I altered the stamp to make them longer)