A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What is on your art table....

1. a pair of orange shoes
2. a journal I am in the process of binding

My mom asked me why orange shoes.  I told her Orange is the New black according to Netflix.  Ha ha.

Actually I have a shirt I just bought that it will match. 

Super simple to do.

A pair of canvas shoes from Walmart 6.00
Tulips Fabric spray paint (on hand)
Paint Brush
Baby Wipe (I don't do well with edges)

I took the top of the orange spray bottle off the paint and dipped my brush in and started painting the shoes.

I wanted to put blue flowers on the toe but that wasn't what I needed the shoes to look like LOL


I should put them in the oven to bake....


AAAACK STOP TELLING THEM TO BAKE STUFF THAT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE BAKED!!!!!
 
 
Put it in the oven to dry away from cats... happy!?!
 
#2 is a journal for my fav. person at work...
 
I printed the pages on legal pager.  I need to use up the ink so I can start my ink subscription.   I did it on both sides.  It lined up for the most part.  Some was a bit wonky but I left the wonky in.
 
I chose the papers for the cover and back cover.  The paper came from the paper pack newsworthy by The paper Studio, the Hobby Lobby line
 
I also had folded it and made 4 sheets signatures
 
 
 
I then cut out the back and front from scraps of chip board.  I usually use the back of paper pads or I use the matt board scraps hobby lobby use to sell.
 


 
 
 
To finish it up I will need to bind it.  I will pre punch the holes and use the Coptic stitch to sew it up.
 
 
For a complete tutorial search for SeaLeamon on youtube.  I pretty much follow her tutorial to a T except I do use eyelets on the front and back.  I just like that element. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment