A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mothers day to all the moms

Am I the only one annoyed when people wish me happy mothers day?  It reminds me I have no children and will never have.  I am not overly sad about it but I don't need to be reminded either.  Anywhoo ... I have my two pups and my two kitties and a passel of nephews.  I really need a niece though LOL

So anybody made anything for mom?  I usually make something and buy something.  I cant afford a lot to buy so I try to make it up with the making something. 

I only a few items dedicated to this particular project.

Yes  I bought the box at goodwill but I bought it for the far future and the far future has arrived so it was technically in my stash.

What I did buy...

Ivory chalk paint
The bird (two for 1.00 at the dollar tree)
The butterfly (3 for a 1.00 at the dollar tree)
and spray adhesive (I ran out of glue sticks and spray adhesive... I needed something to dry quickly... yes I procrastinated)

Oh the box let me tell you about the box real fast.  It was a silver wear box that I gutted and redone.  I like those because you have a flat cover.

I used Angela Holtz youtube video she did on finnabair inspired canvas or albums.  You can search for it on youtube.  She had a link the comments to her pinnterest board of the image she used.  I used the same one just because I liked it so much.

I snuck a picture of my two sisters and me into it cause after all its a mothers day gift.

I am not 100% about it but I spent to much time on it LOL so its going to her.













No comments:

Post a Comment