A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Sunday, August 2, 2015

August Card challenge #2 colorful present card

So today while I was driving around I got an idea make a card a day for the month of August.
I did make one yesterday so I dont have to catch up. 
I even made one Friday but that was July 31st lol
The bonus is I will have 30 or 31 cards completed minus the sentiment.
How many days are there in August?   All I know is there are no state holidays lol.
July has 31 and September has 30 so where does that leave August?
Yes I made this card before, actually this is the 3rd time I made it.  Obviously its a favorite.
I actually saw it on a gift bag in a card magazine and decided to put it on a card.
Its rather easy.... here are the supplies and tools I used...
Card stock various colors
Bakers twine various colors
Adhesive like a glue stick or glue runner
Foam adhesive if you want the presents to pop
A paper trimmer
1 inch square punch
Use any colors you want and any card size base.  My base is red so the last mat can be white.  The card measures 5x7 so you will need a 10x7 piece of card stock scored in half landscape and folded
Its pretty simple to figure out.  The mats go down 1/4 in size width and height
I punched the card stock with the square punch
I tied the bakers twine on each package.   That part was tedious.   I think I used plain string last time.
I stuck all the matts down on the card then used foam tape and stuck the gifts up.
I left a spot up top for a sentiment I cut out with my paper trimmer. 
I will probably stamp a message or print it out on white card then use foam tape and attach it to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment