A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August card challenge #5 patch work card

I cranked out 2 cards tonight.   The first o saw on pinterest and the second was using scraps from the last several swaps.
I used my bow maker from tattered lace for the very first time.  I had to crack out my ribbon scissors.   I actually didn't have "ribbon" scissors but I did have a set of scissors I was saving for sewing.  Since there were 3 pairs one became ribbon scissors.
I goofed and debossed instead of embossed the first card.  To late now.  I might make another with different papers later.
Materials and tools used
Heide swap papers (they were made fir a planner but are double sided and I love the colors)
1 inch square punch
1 3/8 square punch
Ribbon
Card stock
Glue runner
Red line tape
Glue stick
Paper and fabric (ribbon scissors)
Everyday glue by create and craft
Bone folder
Paper trimmer
Cuttle bug
Embossing folder demask
I also did some online shopping and picked up a prima collection from create and craft it was on flexi pay for 3 payments of 9.99 shipping was free cause it was the click of the day  the paper pad and stamp alone is worth that much plus all the stickers flowers water color pencils and other embellishments too
Then on Amazon I got those bird stamps from tim holtz.  They were to cute to pass up.  If I added 13 more dollars I would get free shipping.   Other wise shipping would cost 7 bucks.  I would rather pay and get an item then pay for shipping.  Which was crazy cause I first added an item that didn't quite make it free shipping and the shipping cost less for more items ordered.  Any who I got a set of hexagon die cuts from spell binders

No comments:

Post a Comment