A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Saturday, August 1, 2015

August card challenge #1 Card 9 pint star card

I made this card for no occasion in particular.   (additional note, I decided to turn it into a challenge.  You can see more details on the #2 challenge
I wanted to use the new supplies I just got.
  Ever see a tutorial on YouTube that needs 1 specific supply and you dont have it so you run to your local craft store and they have it but if course you get distracted and start to wander the store and soon an hour or 2 has gone by.  You buy the stuff and you go thru the drive thru cause shopping made you parched.
By the time you get home your craft mojo is gone so you put the specific item away ro play with it another day.
Eight months later you stumble onto that supply that you needed immediately and you totally forgot why you bought it. Ha ha.  I rhink im going to start a YouTube playlist "supplies I made a special run for so I wont forget why I bought them"
So I was lured into Michaels.   It was my mothers fault.   I hadn't looked at my email and I didn't see that 40 percent off of all regular priced items.  Not just 1 item but ALL! 
Well I thought I would get a few of the wink of stella and the luna stella (not sure if I got the name right) I picked up 4 of those the wink I got black and blue (ha not a bruise ... I just realized I did that black white and blue is my  favorite color pallet) and the luna I git blue and red.  I already had the clear in the wink.
So besides that I did pick io 3 cheap Halloween stamps ... you know the dollar ones.  I bought some clear glitter glue.  Then in clearance I got a pad of heide swap paper, a butterfly punch and some denim washi tape.
Then Tuesday Morning lured me in and I walked out with 4 sketch books and 2 12x12 paper pads. 
Then the book store lured me in.  I was delighted to see they still had the city coloring book.  So I got that.  Im going to use it for doodle inspiration. 
So for the card I made I used the heide swap papers and the recollections butterfly punch. 
The rest if the supplies I had on hand.
The card base is Bristol paper.   I really like that paper as a card base.
I had some paper flowers from the dollar tree.
I used the pearlesent card stock I purchased frome create and craft.
I used a pattern from the internet.
I used foam tape and a tape runner (also from create and craft)
The cutting is definitely wonky but besides that I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment