A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I like this book vs I dont like this book

About a year ago walmart had these very thick sketch books in stock.  They are not the same that you find in the art section now.  I bought a few.
It was originally 7 or 8 dollars but I got mine on clearance for a few dollars cheaper at 5 bucks.
Here is why I like and dislike them.
I like the hard cover
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't like the hard cover doesn't take a beating well.  I plan to cover it up any way so a little glue won't hurt.
 
 
I like that the signatures are sewn in, not glued in and not spiral bound.
I like that it lays completely flat.  The ones the have now don't and they take a beating even worse. This is my favorite part of the book.
 
 
I like the size
I don't like it was the only size.  I would have liked a smaller version too.  The ones they have in stock now do have 2 sizes.
I like there are a lot of pages
I dont like the quality of the paper.  The paper isn't up for mixed media.  So I dont use the back of the pages.  I use dollar tree cutting flexible cutting boards between the pages to protect bleed thru. I will glue the backs together as I finish pages.  Since I use pen & pencil the most its not that big of a deal.
I like it was super cheap especially when it was on clearance.
I did not like it being on clearance (except for the price) because that meant no more books
While its not the perfect book.... does one exsist?  Its a good option for a doodler.

No comments:

Post a Comment