A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Morning Madness

My morning ...
AJ woke me up 18 minutes before the final alarm (thats 2 slaps of the snooze button)
He had to potty.  Apparently its customary to bark while you potty. 
I want my 16 minutes so I climb into bed.  Banner literally sits on my face.
  I blink my 16 minutes are up.
I need to put Singapore up to feed Banner and give him his meds.  Singapore gets sick if he eats canned food. 
Singapore takes one look at me and splits behind the couch.   I yell im not going to go thru this again.  I might have imagined it but I think they laughed at me.
  Honestly who was I kidding of course I was going to have to go thru this again
I moved furniture out of the way I tilted couches and he still eluded me. (Note to one self sweep under the couch)
  Remember Singapore is not the one taking meds.
I spy his black tail running down the hall and knew I was in trouble.
I made it to my bed room and it was confirmed he went under the bed. 
The only part of me that fits under this bed is my very short arm.
The bed is very low to the ground.
I reach to grab him he moves to the other side
I go to that side he moves back to the other side
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
I might have said a few bad words
I pulled the mattress off the bed (sure did) the corner went into the dog water bowl. Stuff is being knocked off my book shelves.
Mean while dogs still barking and Banner was looking at us like we were nuts.
I pull the box spring up (im old school)
Cat makes a mad dash and is cornered.  I pick him up and stick him in the laundry room
I feed Banner.  He only eats a little.
I prepare his meds
He takes one look at it and makes a mad dash down the hall and you guessed it under the bed he went
Im yelling at myself .... WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN TO SHUT THAT DOOR (okay i probably ... won't confirm but probably said more bad words)
Im exhausted before 730 am

(Ps Banner was easier to fish out then Singapore ... no need to dunk the mattress back into the dogs water bowl)

No comments:

Post a Comment