A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Thursday, June 15, 2017

Another I-cad project

When I started this one I had no idea where it was going to end up.  I winged it basically.

Supplies used
1 3x5 index card
2 4x6 index card
Jane Davenport bright water color pallet
Water color brush
The Food network  magazine
Scissors
Black gel pen dollar tree
Black ultra fine sharpie marker
Sakura gelly roll pen white
Cra z art markers super bright bonus pack (12 markers instead of 10)
Staples glue stick
Dollar tree foam squares
Small paper trimmer

Starting with a 3x5 index card
I first used the Jane Davenport paints for the background.
I then flipped thru a food magazine and found an ad for canned pineapple.  That was the pineapple inspiration.
I googled pineapple clip art and sketched it loosely with a pencil.
I used cra z art water color markers and colored in the pineapple
I hi-lighted with a black dollar tree gel pen then used an ultra fine sharpie and white gelli roll pen
I glued the pineapple ad to the card with a glue stick
I used the cra z art markers, sharpie marker and gellie roll white pen on the ad to make it work with my doodle
I made a mat (using a paper trimmer) from a 4x6 index card and doodled a frame around it with the sharpie marker
I used the glue stick and glued the pineapple 3x5 picture to a 4x6 index card  base.
I used dollar tree  double stick foam squares that I cut down around the pineapple picture (on the 4x6 base) and placed the mat on top.
I like it!
Fun fact ... while the pineapple image is trendy and I like it,  I actually do not like the taste of the fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment