I was not liking this one at first but a little tweaking and I liked it! I got the flowers from other swaps. Manly from TG. I got the paper for the butterflys from Bev. Its the homemade paper that came from Bev when she sent me the African inspired card.
I took a white tag from Hobby Lobby... note to one self... those tags were weak dont but those again. and I had some small pop dots that was stuck to the paper that looks like sequin waste. I have sequin waste thanks to two friends from the artist for the creative minds group.. but I was to lazy to get off my bumm and go into the other room and get it.
I used gesso and painted onto the three tags. Two to make at a later date. I rubbed Tim holtz distress pad on it. I dont remember the color I used.
Then I put together the flowers and butterflys. I grunged up the flowers with the same distress pad. I then used the Tim holds tool that grunges up the sides of paper. The tag was so flimsy I glued a second one that I had gessoed onto the back and used the same ink to finish it off.
Something was still off so I took a black marker and outlined the butterflys and the tag. I think it turned out pretty good. My only problem with it is the glue I used for the butterfly it leaked out and caused that shine.
This is the yummy smelling tag I had baked. I decided I needed a music stamp and heart punch so I went to hobby lobby and picked them both up 40%. Both were on sale.
First the tags ripped and tore and I used masking tape and that was not going to stop it from tearing more so I got the idea to run one thru the xyron and then stick them together (remove the circle so it wont be bulky)
Not the best idea ... I was full of not so good ideas tonight LOL. The glue was stronger then the tag and it glued it to the sticker paper. I had to carefully peel it off ... though it did rip some more and used my glue stick. Awe the might glue stick I went thru 4 small ones this last weekend.
Then I stamped.
I stamped the tag similar to the tag below. This is my practice tag that I will use for my art journal I suppose cause it does not have a back tag to make it stronger.
They only make cards... here is the card
I really liked the flower. It is made of all hearts. I wanted to give it a try. Here is a closer look at the heart flower.
I decided to take book pages and do the same technique. I thought I be clever and this time use flower on the pan and in between layers.
After I started baking my book pages I remembered something
What does flower and water make
It stuck even worse LOL.
But I rescued enough sheets to make the 3 flowers. I used brads and poked the hearts with a piercing tool and stuck them on. I did try to cut the hearts smaller for the first four.
Not as grand as the card I got but its cute.