A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Monday, July 30, 2012

Grunge tags completed

See the link in the below post to see out I grunged up the tag with the bird on it.  It smells nice too!



I was not liking this one at first but a little tweaking and I liked it!  I got the flowers from other swaps.  Manly from TG.  I got the paper for the butterflys from Bev.  Its the homemade paper that came from Bev when she sent me the African inspired card.

I took a white tag from Hobby Lobby... note to one self... those tags were weak dont but those again.  and I had some small pop dots that was stuck to the paper that looks like sequin waste.  I have sequin waste thanks to two friends from the artist for the creative minds group.. but I was to lazy to get off my bumm and go into the other room and get it.

I used gesso and painted onto the three tags.  Two to make at a later date.  I rubbed Tim holtz distress pad on it.  I dont remember the color I used. 

Then I put together the flowers and butterflys.  I grunged up the flowers with the same distress pad.  I then used the Tim holds tool that grunges up the sides of paper.  The tag was so flimsy I glued a second one that I had gessoed onto the back and used the same ink to finish it off.  

Something was still off so I took a black marker and outlined the butterflys and the tag.  I think it turned out pretty good.  My only problem with it is the glue I used for the butterfly it leaked out and caused that shine. 




This is the yummy smelling tag I had baked.  I decided I needed a music stamp and heart punch so I went to hobby lobby and picked them both up 40%.  Both were on sale.  

First the tags ripped and tore and I used masking tape and that was not going to stop it from tearing more so I got the idea to run one thru the xyron and then stick them together (remove the circle so it wont be bulky) 
Not the best idea ... I was full of not so good ideas tonight LOL.  The glue was stronger then the tag and it glued it to the sticker paper.  I had to carefully peel it off ... though it did rip some more and used my glue stick.  Awe the might glue stick I went thru 4 small ones this last weekend. 
Then I stamped. 
I stamped the tag similar to the tag below.  This is my practice tag that I will use for my art journal I suppose cause it does not have a back tag to make it stronger. 
I got out my bird cage Tim Holtz die and cut the bird and I remembed receiving a card a long time ago from a group that I still belong to but I haven't participated with in a long.
They only make cards... here is the card

I really liked the flower.  It is made of all hearts.  I wanted to give it a try.  Here is a closer look at the heart flower. 

I pretty much just winged it.  I should see if I could find a tut on youtube.  I also think I need different size heart punches.
I decided to take book pages and do the same technique.  I thought I be clever and this time use flower on the pan and in between layers.
After I started baking my book pages I remembered something
What does flower and water make
GLUE!!!!!!!!
OOOPS
It stuck even worse LOL.
But I rescued enough sheets to make the 3 flowers.  I used brads and poked the hearts with a piercing tool and stuck them on.  I did try to cut the hearts smaller for the first four.
Not as grand as the card I got but its cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment