A woman who works with her hands is a LABORER; a woman who works with her hands and head, a CRAFTSMAN; but a woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an ARTIST. ~ St. Francis of Assisi




Friday, September 7, 2012

I have a lot of catching up to do

I have been in sort of a funk.  I wont bore you with the details.  Life happens.  So instead I will share some of the artys fartsy stuff I managed to make

One of my favorites are ATC.  I found this wonderful tutorial on youtube.  BRB going to go find the link to share...




UGH That is SOOO NOT THE VIDEO... HMM wonder how that happen... lets try again...




YESSSS!  THIS IS THE CORRECT VIDEO LOL



I made three of these in ATC style.  I am also working on an art journal page but silly girl ... thats me... has it upside down in her book.  Oh has Bob Seger sings C'est La Vie said the old folks



The journal page is not complete so I will not be showing it here.  I do have another one I think is pretty awesome.  My journal page so I am allowed to my opinion.  But thats for another post.

Okies on with the ATC

the stencils I used came from the crafters workshop.  I sure wish I had some 12x12.  I only have the 6x6 ones.

I must note I did not use the clay board.  One I used illustration board and it worked perfectly.  The other I dont remember what it was but it did not work so great.  I had to paint with gesso then apply the first color then the black.
If I did not apply the gesso for some odd reason the first colors went down ok but the black oil pastels kept smearing and pushing the underneath colors around.  So that is why I think white as the second color would not work unless maybe using crayon as the first base.  Thats something to experiment at a later date!
You would think that the gesso would actually do the opposite and let the first layer sit on top and not sink in right.  Apparently not!
This one is for ME ME ME ME!

This is for a swap partner over at yahoo group
Artist for the creative minds.  I had two partners so
 that is why there are two ATC.  It was for a
resist technique which involved rain.  If you can see
the umbrella man (Tim Holtz of course) had musical
notes in versa mark ink


The next two are for the same swap.  The partner gets two cards each.  I used this video from YouTube as inspiration.


I used my cuttlebug of course.  I used a clear wax crayon.  The ones you get from the easter egg kits.  When they go on clearance I buy them for the crayons LOL.  I ran the paper thru the machine like the video suggest.  I ran the clear crayon over it and then spritzed with glitter mist.  I wiped down.  I had this glitter mist for a while and never used it.  I think I am missing something cause I am not impressed with it.  I could have stuck with my water colors sprays I made and would have been just as pleased. 

I found some color images and used my bic markers.  I dont know why I am opposed to using the copics.  I think they cost so much I am afraid to use them so I dont.  Anyway the bics work fine for me.  I am not into all that shading stuff.   





No comments:

Post a Comment